Our team is growing substantially in 2022, we have adopted a new delivery model and we are seeking key new individuals to join the team and help us shape the future.
The clients and projects we are now delivering, are ever-growing in scale and complexity, and we need you in your respective discipline to help us elevate everything we do.
This role is a critical part of our development team, you will be someone who is unafraid to use new technologies and challenges to deliver complex business requirements across projects of varying complexity and size.
You are also comfortable managing legacy code and expanding it, we have our own product (YouCreate), and a variety of historical projects we regularly work on and we believe truly in developing solid foundations technically that can be expanded easily in the future.
We also manage our own infrastructure, from traditional hosted solutions to cloud-based offerings. As the client portfolio expands, our technical breadth is ever-growing and more complex, we need someone who can think outside the box and thrive in this environment.
We need someone with a flexible creative attitude to solving technical problems, our approach is not “it can’t be done” - It’s “how can we do it?”.
Our team are industry veterans, and you will be someone who takes the opportunity to learn but also teach us a few things.
Working in harmony across the team, you will be someone who is able to collaborate, take feedback and provide opinions on project approach and technical delivery.
You will take pride in delivering the best practice code, and actively supporting every member of the team to deliver the best overall product and outcome.
Ideally, you are someone who can handle the fast-paced nature of agency life, and enjoy the variety of work that flows through the studio and is able to always roll your sleeves up and get involved.
- Planning and implementing the architecture of web platforms
- Ability to build and consume RESTful web services
- Applying software development best-practices and keeping a clean, secure and easy to maintain codebase
- Ensuring the quality and functional integrity of our software
- Participating in planning meetings where we discuss priorities and new features development
- Managing own workload & prioritising accordingly
- Liaise with other departments where needed
- Support process improvements across the delivery model
- Clearly report blockers & successes
- Communicate clearly with colleagues
- Occasional client contact & travel might be required
- At least 3 years experience in commercial PHP & MySQL development.
- Practical & recent experience with MVC frameworks such as CodeIgniter, Symphony, Laravel etc.
- Good experience with a version control system such as Git.
- Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS would be an advantage.
What comes with the role?
- Christmas to New Year off, courtesy of the Studio
- Increase to holiday after 3 years service
- Choice of new laptop Apple or Windows
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid working
- Competitive Salary
- Clear progression opportunities