Measures to support accessibility
Grandad Digital takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Grandad Digital Website:
- Include accessibility as part of our mission statement.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Include people with disabilities in our design personas.
- Implemented YouAccess, a tool to enable people with disabilities to tailor pages on Grandad Digital to their needs
We also try to ensure that:
- All images in our sites contain appropriate alternate text
- Pages and images on this website are optimised to load quickly and smoothly
- All foreground and background colours are checked to ensure sufficient contrast, or given alternative text in the case of images
- Our content is written clearly, concisely, free of jargon and in plain English
- All pages use headings
- All ‘calls to action’ are easy to find
- Symbols (e.g. >) are used in context and for their semantic use
- Consistent navigation and page layouts are used
- All forms are navigable using a keyboard
- All forms have submit buttons
- Layout is built and controlled using CSS (cascading style sheets)
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) defines requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Grandad Digital Website is partially conformant with WCAG 2.1 level AA. Partially conformant means that some parts of the content do not fully conform to the accessibility standard.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Grandad Digital Website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on Grandad Digitals Website:
- Phone: +44 (0) 1273 944 900
- Postal address: Grandad Digital,1-3 Farman Street, Brighton, BN3 1AL
We try to respond to feedback within 5 business days.