Google Analytics is the baseline, all-encompassing tool to get the ball rolling with analysing your website data. The foundation stone for any marketer, having an advanced knowledge of the product saves countless hours and is a fantastic way to identify simple solutions for your website.
3 Top Resources on Google Analytics
- If you haven’t heard of Moz, where have you been? They’re not only a major player in space but are pros at making complex information read easily. This guide features everything you need to know to get started with Google Analytics.
- The Digital Marketing Institute has created a brilliant article which provides insights into the importance of goal setting within the Google Analytics platform.
- Trouble understanding ROI? The Digital Marketer has created a complete guide to campaign tracking on the platform, featuring everything including a step-by-step breakdown of how to do it.
Having an in-depth knowledge of Google Analytics is invaluable in order to effectively utilise data from your site to drive your progress moving forward. By partnering with the expert team at Grandad, you’ll be moving your analysis to a whole new level, without any of the hard work.
We can offer you strategy-led recommendations off the basis of your data whilst taking care of the admin side of things for you, meaning all you have to think about is what you want to do with the results.
Google Tag Manager
Google Tag Manager is an add on to Google Analytics which provides more customised tracking to understand actions on a page. The system can be quite complex and understanding it will help to boost the benefit of your data.
Google Tag Manager:
- We’re referring to Moz yet again, for their clear and concise breakdown of best practices on Google Tag Manager.
- Growth Hackers have created a comprehensive 99-part list detailing all the things that can be achieved through the platform.
- Meanwhile, this useful blog post by Aleksandrs Pasters is a brilliant resource for learning how to debug the platform should you need to and make it work for you.
Pssst - we can help you hack Google Tag Manager without any hassle on your part. Whether it’s understanding the performance of your site’s ChatBot, analysing scroll depth on a page, or investigating your mail-tos, our collective years of experience means that we can accommodate most requests and use our know-how to ensure you’re getting bang for your buck.
Better yet, we can help you action a plan based off of our analysis to ensure continued success for your business. A pretty great package, all in all.
Google Data Studio
Whilst the previous two tools will help you to analyse your data, the Data Studio helps you to present this in a clear, pleasing way. Although Google has a reporting system built into the other two platforms, it can be tricky and time consuming to use. We love the Data Studio because it’s simple yet effective, and allows you to easily share your successes amongst your team.
Google Data Studio:
- Search Engine Journal has a great beginners guide to understanding the ins and outs of the Data Studio.
- Where better to get the information you need from than at its source? This Google guide explains how to add more data into your report.
- The Social Media Examiner’s blog on creating your data dashboard includes some valuable tips and tricks of the trade to help you make the most of the platform.
At Grandad, we pride ourselves on design with both style and substance in mind. We have a thorough understanding of the Data Studio and our skills are constantly evolving alongside the platform.
Why spend precious hours navigating a platform you don’t have the resources to get the maximum benefit from, when you could have a dedicated team of professionals filter through and present you with the metrics you need to know?
Think of us as the fuss-free fundamental to your business arsenal, working in partnership, totally to your goals.
Using Google to achieve your goals:
Although the resources we have mentioned are a great starting point for these website data analytics tools, there’s a difference between being able to use the platforms and being able to make strategic decisions based on the results you find through them.
Guides can help you to learn functional skills, but to make sustainable, innovative, valuable change, you need consultancy which is tailored to and around your business goals. At Grandad, we work in partnership with our clients to create a long term strategy, utilising our expert team to promote and achieve constantly evolving results.